Monday, April 4, 2011

The day when Indians across the Globe went bonkers

  Well as soon as the Indian team breezed their way through the quarter finals , beat the West Indies comfortably by 80 runs that's when I thought ,okay this the time I have no second thoughts gonna root for India my home team and see them through semis and then the big one ,the finals. The semis , what seemed like more than a week to go , and we playing against old ,yet strong opponents ,yes who else it is Pakistan !. Thats where the world cups biggest match and the build up began. I had predicted my gut feeling wanting to see a India -Pakistan clash in the world cup came true , and finally it became true !. No where any stretch of my imagination I would witness two old warhorses clash in the biggest match of the world cup,  umdoubtedly the mother of all the world cup matches.
 Then hearing , the news closely following these two teams very closely. At one stage , my heart really sank when I saw a hindi news channel claiming this match is fixed apparently , the man a big guy in Indian IT department ans he said " India is gonna lose this match, is fixed by the betting syndicates and we have to follow the Underworld orders !.But , I reminded myself and believed this is all rubbish and absolute uncalled pre match dramas .
Not only that is the end of the dramas , the Pakistani minister requesting the whole pakistani ,and just requesting them not to fix the match ? , which I still believe that the big betting syndicates are on the job just before the match is yet to be played !.
The big day arrived , all I wanted to see ,is my country's flag waving high and an famous India victory was on the cards . And it did , happen finally, pressure cooker released by Sehwag and our God of cricket , Sachin Tendulkar given 5 rebirths during his innings which he looked out of sorts but managed to get a healthy 87 runs.Pakistanis did play competitive ,but not at their lethal best. They rode on Shahid Afridi's magic arm , but he also coudn't provide any help to his own team. This is first India - Pakistan to have gone without any hiccups and the usual punjabi gallis .! Thats a common sight for me to see both the teams clash with sledging.
Umar Akamals lived their dream for a while but it all crashed when the experienced Harbhajan Singh spinning a ball and crashed onto his stumps ending any hopes of a Pakistani Victory. Still the banked on one man army , Misbah Ul Haq who finally went all out attack in the end. But the end was a painful one for Pakistan ,though I must say they played well to an extent.
Just when Misbah Ul haq went for a huge heave ,he was caught deep in the long on boundary and Virat Kohli the man who kept his nerve and took a good catch.
That moment, people went berserk in the crowd , Chak de India  ringing across the ground in Mohali stadium . I just jumped from my seat and I went too berserk and I screamed Chak De India !. This day whole Indians went wild right from people celebrating the victory , victory laps were witnessed in Dubai , famous areas went  mad like the Meena Bazaar , Karama, Bur Dubai  , in London people also going Berserk , US and Canada to ringing in the celebrations . Well, who can forget people going mad in Delhi, Punjab , Mumbai ,Kokata ,Banglore and other cities witnessing huge victory parades and people blocking the streets partying all night on the roads .This was day I felt being Indian is something to be proud of and now I can say we are the world champions before we meet the mighty lankans . 

1 comment:

  1. This is the day we partied ,blue flag waving high ! what a feeling :)
    India rocks to the core

    ReplyDelete